Connecting your space to LINE.
LINE is a popular messaging app in Asia, with over 800 million users. It's the main messaging app Japan and incredibly popular in Taiwan, Thailand, Turkmenistan and Indonesia. This integration with the LINE platform will allow you to manage your company account directly from the Rocketbots platform.
In order to connect LINE to your Space, you will need the following:
A LINE account
As soon as a LINE user gets in contact with your channel they will be added to your Rocketbots Space.
First, you will have to create a new LINE Channel to connect your Space to. Navigate to the LINE Developers Console.
Go ahead and press on "Add new provider" button if a provider doesn't exist yet. The provider in LINE facilitates the connection between Rocketbots and your Space.
Just name your provider, confirm and create.
If you don't own any LINE Channels yet, you will have the option to create one know. The process is quick simple.
1. Select Messaging API
2. Give your LINE Channel a name, image, description, etc. Note: Select the "Developer Trial" plan if you are just looking to test the functionalities in private, select the "Free" plan if you are looking for this Channel to be public to all LINE users.
3. Confirm and verify the information. Done, you have a new LINE Channel.
On the Rocketbots Platform, select the LINE Logo under the Channel Connection menu. Enter a suitable name for the channel (this name is private and will only visible to other Rocketbots' users.)
Once you have done so, you will need to add the LINE Channel ID, Channel Secret and Channel Access Token. All this information can be found in the LINE Developers Console, after selecting one LINE Channel.
Both the LINE Channel ID and Channel Secret can easily be found in the Channel Settings page of the LINE developers Console. Just copy them and paste them in the Rocketbots platform dialog.
If you navigate a little bit down in the Channel Settings page of you LINE Developers Console you will find a section called "Messaging Settings", right next to the title there is an item called "Channel access token (long-lived)". Here is where will create the Access Token we need to complete the integration.
1. Click on the "Issue" button on the right.
2. Select 24 hours from the dropdown and click on "Issue".
3. Copy and paste the newly created Access Token to the Rocketbots Platform.
Once you have collected all the information from your LINE Channel and pasted in the respective field of the integration dialog on Rocketbots, you have to click on "NEXT" to get the webhook URL we need to finished the integration. Copy the URL (we will need it) and click on "DONE" to finalize the Rocketbots part of this integration.
Now just the final steps. Navigate back to the LINE Developers Console and in the Channel Setting go back to the "Messaging Settings" section, and follow this steps:
1. Enable Webhook in the "Use webhooks" item.
2. Paste the URL you just copied in the "Webhook URL" item.
3. Click on the "Verify" button on the right. You should get a "Success" Message.
4. Disable the "Auto-reply messages" and "Greeting messages" items. (optional)